Line Producer - Series
- Los Angeles, California
- Production Management
With over 209 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
- We are seeking a Line Producer to support our growing slate of animated series. This Line Producer role will liaise with the Netflix Creative and Physical Production teams along with the Creator, Executive Producers, and Production Crew to manage, guide, and problem solve throughout all phases of production. Our ideal candidate is a thoughtful communicator and ambitious problem solver. This leadership role will set the pace, communication, and culture of the production crew to support workflows and deliverables for creative direction, schedules, budget, and tools.
What You’ll Do:
- Customize, maintain, and oversee the production schedule and microschedules including budget
- Partner with the Finance and Production Accounting departments regularly for budget, updates, and cost reports
- Build a diverse and inclusive crew in partnership with Talent Acquisition; providing staffing projections, defining roles, and developing strategies for search, outreach, and interviews
- Initiate vendor agreements as needed for writers, casting directors/voice directors, recording studios, and production companies
- Partner with both creative and technical groups to ensure that our plans for creative and practical goals can be delivered
- Assess, manage, and communicate series production schedules and complexities with internal teams, offsite animation studio partners, and external services
- Manage and mentor the Production Staff, creating environments where all team members are treated fairly and respectfully, are valued for their talent and perspective, and are given the opportunity to do work that is purposeful and impactful
- Support departments with problem solving, anticipating needs and concerns, and providing solutions
- Facilitate communication to the crew and show leadership through weekly progress reports and daily updates
- Take part in storyboard pitches, animatic reviews, spotting sessions, mixes, and onlines as needed
- Take part in casting, auditions, and recording sessions as needed
- Some travel as needed
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years experience as a Line Producer or Production Manager on animated series, shorts, web series, or feature films. (other creative fields such as gaming or VFX are also applicable)
- Expert understanding of animation pipelines from pre-production through post-production
- Adaptability and resilience to quick changes in priorities, technology, tools and workflow
- Tenacious and passionate in the pursuit of inclusive teams
- Curiosity, creativity, and passion for inventive storytelling
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; providing candid, helpful, and timely feedback to colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience in Google Suite (preferred) or Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of production tracking and asset management required. Shotgun software knowledge preferred
Share this listing:
Share this listing: