CG Supervising Director - Adult
- Los Angeles, California, United States
With over 183 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
Netflix Animation is seeking a Supervising Director to guide a talented team of artists on an ambitious, multimedia Adult Animated series based in Hollywood, CA. Working side by side with show leadership in a creative capacity, the Supervising Director will shepherd the series from pre-production through post-production. We are seeking a leader with skills in storytelling, posing, editing, timing, and collaboration to bring the project to life. We’re looking for a Supervising Director to start in January of 2021.
What You'll Do:
- Communicate clearly with all team members, set expectations, and give mindful feedback; troubleshoot as necessary.
- Take part in internal script and design reviews; ensure creative asks are manageable within set parameters and timeframes.
- Meet deadlines from concept to final deliverables.
- Break down scripts and prepare for hand out to Directors and Storyboard team.
- Collaborate with Art Director on rough designs to ensure the storyboard artists have appropriate materials to carry out their work effectively.
- Assist with scratch records; participate in record sessions as needed.
- Collaborate with Directors and Storyboard Teams, give notes at milestone phases throughout the schedule; see the storyboards through to completion.
- Work with editor to place temp music and sound effects; support the show creator’s vision by guiding implementation of creative notes.
- Support in the handoff to the animation production studio; this could include launching episodes in Layout and Animation and answering creative related questions.
- Review Layout and Animation footage, call retakes, do draw-overs and provide reference as needed for retake process.
- Give feedback and notes until shots are approved.
- Guide edited cut through to locked picture; attend all color edit sessions.
- Participate in music & sound design spotting sessions, mixes if requested.
- Collaborate with humility, inclusion, and open-mindedness.
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of experience directing a 2D or CG experience, 2D/3D hybrid experience a plus.
- Storyboarding/Directing samples and/or credits demonstrating excellence in comedy, acting, and visual storytelling.
- Working knowledge of 2D and CG animation a must, with a thorough understanding of techniques, terminology, and the production pipeline from pre-production through post-production.
- Proficiency with storyboard tools such as Storyboard Pro, Photoshop, or other digital storyboard software.
- Familiarity with Shotgun, Adobe Premiere, Blender and VR tools is a plus.
- Comfort in leading and motivating teams, giving feedback, and mentoring artists.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Must be able to adapt to changes easily within a highly dynamic environment, including the management of the team within this environment.
- Strong attention to detail is critical.
- Excellent verbal, written, and e-social communication skills.