Compositor - Battle Kitty
- Los Angeles, California, United States
With over 183 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
We are seeking a Compositing Artist for “Battle Kitty”, a kid-oriented animated comedy/action series to be released on Netflix.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with the Supervising Producer and Post Supervisor to address any compositing, FX, or transition needs in the episodes
- Compositing for 2D elements made in house to work with 3D footage sent from our overseas studio
- Provide motion graphics/animation reference as necessary
- Work according to the tech specs of our post production team
- 2D FX animation
- Overlay effects
- Rudimentary FX 3D modeling and animation
- Color correction/grading (on select shots)
- Possible footage correction
- Rendering/File management
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open mindedness
What You'll Need:
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- Animatic samples and/or credits demonstrating excellence in FX compositing
- Familiarity with 3D animation/modeling is a plus
- Experienced with 2D animated effects
- Experience working within a TV animation production pipeline preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; providing candid, helpful, and timely feedback to colleagues
- Curiosity, creativity, and passion for animation