- Los Angeles, California, United States
With over 193 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
We are seeking a Previs Artist to help create the worlds of our CG animated series, features, and exciting projects in-between. The Previs Artist will work closely with the Head of Previsualization to meet the Director’s creative vision. We are seeking candidates skilled in cinematography and filmmaking to bring our stories to life.
What You'll Do:
- Pre-visualize the look of the film in collaboration with Visual Development and Story teams
- Animate CG cameras, characters, and environments to plan blocking, action, and timing
- Choreograph characters, environments, and props with attention to entertainment, clarity, staging, and cinematic storytelling
- Use knowledge of CG pipelines to ensure that work is both dynamic and producible
- Work flexibly and with a positive attitude to troubleshoot and address notes
- Adhere to the production schedule and deliver completed assignments on time
- Provide an open dialogue with production management on any potential roadblocks or concerns in delivering assignments on time
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open mindedness
What You'll Need:
- 3 years previsualization production experience on feature film, shorts, or series
- Samples and/or credits demonstrating excellence in layout/previs
- Advanced working knowledge of CG software tools such as Autodesk Maya, Houdini, or Nuke
- Understanding of Python and/or MEL scripting a plus
- Samples and/or credits demonstrating excellence in CG & Design
- Excellent verbal, written, and e-social communication skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment