Animatic Editor - StoryBots
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Editorial + Post
With over 193 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
We are seeking an Animatic Editor with a deep love of comedy to join the exciting StoryBots franchise in a new episodic (and shorts) production starring the curious little creatures who live under our screens. The intrepid quintet of Beep, Bing, Bang, Boop and Bo of Team 341B go on adventures to help answer kids' biggest questions. An accomplished cinematographer and storyteller themselves, the Animatic Editor will work closely with creative leadership to bring comedy, joy, and learning to the screen in catchy and clever ways.
What You'll Do:
- Use experience editing for narrative, series, and other short-form content to ensure that camerawork and cutting elevates our comedic storytelling
- Collaborate with Directors and Head of Story to establish a framework, workflows, and best workflow practices to enable the board-driven storyboard team to do their best work
- Deliver animatics from storyboards in rough and locking stages with attention to entertainment, clarity, cutting, timing, and overall storytelling
- Use knowledge of animation to ensure that posing, staging, and cutting is both dynamic and producible
- Implement dialogue, effects, and music
- Troubleshoot and address notes
- Meet deadlines from concept to final deliverables
- Archive footage, thoroughly and meticulously
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open mindedness
What You'll Need:
- Comedic timing - this is our top priority
- A great sense for musical timing and editing music tracks
- A deep love for cartoons will go a long way
- Experience with short-form sequential or interactive media is a plus
- Experience editing for board/outline-driven stories
- Experience with editing tools such as Adobe Premiere, Storyboard Pro, or AVID
- Applicants should be able to share their philosophy and workflow for editing learning-based media
- Animatic samples demonstrating excellence in comedy, clarity, cutting, timing, and storytelling