- Los Angeles, California, United States
With over 183 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
We are seeking Color Designers to help build the worlds of our 2D and/or CG animated series, features, and exciting projects in-between through the use of color and palettes. We are looking for individuals who can make thoughtful color choices in regards to the lighting, environment, tone, and atmosphere of the scene. The Color Designer will tell a story through color and technique according to the Art Director or Executive Producer’s creative vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Align with the style and sensibility of the show
- Under the guidance of the Art Director, produce and deliver cohesive color choices for characters, props, and FX with attention to storytelling and tone
- Use knowledge of 2D and/or CG animation to ensure that color choices are producible
- Present work in a clear and organized manner that demonstrates intent
- Work flexibly and with a positive attitude to troubleshoot and address notes
- Adhere to the production schedule and deliver completed assignments on time
- Provide an open dialogue with production management on any potential roadblocks or concerns in delivering assignments on time
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open mindedness
What You’ll Need:
- 2 years color or painting production experience for animated shorts, series, or features OR a portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of color design for animated production settings
- Advanced working knowledge of digital drawing and painting tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, Harmony and/or 3D technology where applicable
- Comfortable working with internal and external departments
- Samples and/or credits demonstrating excellence in color design
- Excellent verbal, written, and e-social communication skills
- Able to work independently in a fast paced environment