2D Animation Compositor - The Cuphead Show!
- Los Angeles, California, United States
With over 183 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
The Cuphead Show!, based on the popular video game, is seeking a 2D Animation Compositor. This role will be responsible for constructing the final image by combining layers of FX, animation and background elements into a final composite shot as per each shot’s requirements
Start Date: As soon as possible
What You'll Do:
- Create and composite digital FX within a Harmony compositing pipeline
- Use After Effects to revise more complex scenes that require: animation, special effects, color changes, tracking special lighting, cutting in revised assets and/or camera moves
- Adjust final compositing on select scenes or sequences to enable team to have adjustment control over final look
- Assist team in troubleshooting and investigating technical issues such as: color profile discrepancies, export issues and more
- Collaborate with fellow artists and supervisors to achieve consistent and high quality results
- Manage renders and set up shots technically
- Integrate all layers including animation, environment, lighting and AFX-related materials to create the final shots
- Ensure and maintain the expected quality, style and schedule across the production
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with leads and supervisors
- Collaborate with other team members to improve methods, workflows and techniques
- Analyze and troubleshoot common technical issues
- Identify and report any issues that arise that may affect timelines or delivery schedules
What You'll Need:
- Experience lighting and/or compositing in episodic TV or feature film animation
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects is required
- Experience in Harmony, Photoshop and animating is an asset
- Solid understanding of compositing, lighting, shading, colour and rendering
- Strong sense of design and shot composition
- Ability to take direction, be flexible and embrace change
- Ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional and positive manner
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure