- Los Angeles, California, United States
With over 183 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
We are seeking Storyboard Artists with both unique and technical styling and skills in storytelling, comedic posing for animation, and dynamic drawing to bring 2D and/or CG animated series, features, and exciting in-between projects to life. The Storyboard Artist will work closely with Story Team leadership to execute production deliverables according to the Creator and Director’s vision. We are seeking artists with both unique and technical styling and skills in storytelling, posing, writing, editing, and graphic appeal to bring our project to life. Storyboards Artists should be familiar with series and/or features pipelines and also have knowledge and experience in animation storytelling and pacing.
What You'll Do:
- Deliver hand drawn storyboards with attention to staging, clarity, and design
- Use knowledge of 2D and/or CG animation to ensure that posing, staging, and cutting is both inventive and producible
- Pitch storyboards to the Story Team leadership and creative teams to convey the story
- Work closely with the Head of Story to resolve issues and address notes
- Adhere to the production schedule as laid out by the Line Producer and Production Manager; complete all assignments within the given scope and timeframe
- Collaborate with humility, inclusion, and open mindedness
What You'll Need:
- 2 to 4 years story production experience OR a portfolio that demonstrates experience on animated series and/or feature
- Storyboarding samples and/or credits demonstrating excellence and inspiration in graphic storytelling, visual comedy, acting, and writing
- Storyboard tools such as Photoshop, Storyboard Pro, Flix, or proprietary tools
- Excellent verbal, written, and e-social communication skills