Visual Development Artist
- Los Angeles, California, United States
With over 183 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
We are seeking Visual Development Artists for 2D and/or CG animated series, features, and exciting things in between. This role will help to develop, create, and support the aesthetic vision of our Creator/Executive Producer. They will design and paint assets from story inception through production deliverables.
What You'll Do:
- Visually develop and discover the personality, mood, and tone of characters, sets, and other assets to support the project
- Explore, imagine and create a variety of design options that fit into a story/world
- Work closely with the Art Director to resolve design issues and address notes
- Adhere to the production schedule as laid out by the Line Producer and Production Manager; complete all assignments within the given scope and timeframe
- Prepare all designs/assets for shipment to vendor animation studios
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open mindedness
What You'll Need:
- 2 years design and paint experience on development or production OR a portfolio that demonstrates design and paint experience for animated shorts, series, or features
- Excellence in draftsmanship with a working knowledge of anatomy and/or volumetric drawing
- Samples and/or credits demonstrating excellence in visual development
- Advanced working knowledge of digital drawing tools
- Excellent verbal, written, and e-social communication skills