- Los Angeles, California, United States
With over 183 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
We are seeking Background Designers to create the worlds of 2D and/or CG animated series, features, and exciting projects in-between. The Background Design will tell a story through thoughtful choices and technique according to the Art Director or Executive Producer’s creative vision. We are seeking artists with both unique and technical styling and skills that will bring our projects to life.
What You'll Do:
- Align with the style and sensibility of the show
- Deliver environment assets such as background designs, orthographics, and set designs with attention to storytelling
- Use knowledge of 2D and/or CG animation to ensure that backgrounds and sets are producible
- Attend design kick off meetings and reviews
- Work flexibly and with a positive attitude to troubleshoot and address notes
- Adhere to the production schedule and deliver completed assignments on time
- Provide an open dialogue with production management on any potential roadblocks or concerns in delivering assignments on time
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open mindedness
What You'll Need:
- 2 years OR a portfolio that demonstrates production/development experience in background design on animated series, shorts, or features
- Advanced working knowledge of drawing software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Harmony and/or 3D technology where applicable
- Broad knowledge of artistic styles and latest technology is essential
- Comfortable working with internal and external departments
- Samples and/or credits demonstrating excellence in background paint
- Excellent verbal, written, and e-social communication skills