- Los Angeles, California, United States
With over 183 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
We are seeking Prop Designers for animated series, features, and exciting things in between. Prop Designers develop and establish props to set the stages of our worlds and support our character’s acting.
What You’ll Do:
- Visually develop props to enhance sets, acting, and storytelling
- Explore, imagine, and create a variety of prop design options that fit into a story/world
- Provide line art, turnarounds, and color passes for props
- Work closely with the Art Director to resolve design issues and address notes
- Adhere to the production schedule as laid out by the Line Producer and Production Manager; complete all assignments within the given scope and timeframe for each episode
- Collaborate with grace, humility, inclusion, and open mindedness
What You’ll Need:
- 2 years design experience OR a portfolio that demonstrates production/development experience on animated shorts, series, or features
- Excellence in draftsmanship
- Broad knowledge of artistic styles and latest technology is essential
- Comfortable working with internal and external departments
- Samples and/or credits demonstrating excellence in prop design
- Advanced working knowledge of digital drawing tools
- Excellent verbal, written, and e-social communication skills