Compositing Supervisor - Wendell & Wild
With over 214 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it’s an exciting time to work at Netflix.
By serving as a platform for original storytelling, we’re fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows and seek to create joy for our members around the world. This guiding principle has informed our commitment to animation, a universal language, and the establishment of Netflix Animation Studios where creative visionaries can perform their best work.
This is the new wave of animation — and you can help shape it. Our goal is to tell stories that no one has seen but that everyone will remember.
- Wendell and Wild is a stop motion feature film directed by Henry Selick and featuring the voice talents of Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele. The production is located just outside of Portland, Oregon.
- We’re looking for a VFX Comp Supervisor to oversee all show compositing for visual effects, set extensions, rig removal, and supporting CG animation.
- Working with the VFX Supervisor, VFX APM, VFX Lead & CG Supervisor, the VFX Comp Supervisor is responsible for leading the composting team and ensuring the quality and timely delivery of all compositing work.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead Compositing team sequence launches and establish setups with other Leads and Supervisors
- Work with leadership to update the daily call sheet for plate requests
- Work with VFX Leadership to assign shots to the VFX departments
- Responsible for flagging any department concerns within unit syncs
- Attend edit reviews and sequence launches as needed
- Attend Director review meetings, as needed
- Support VFX leadership at all internal VFX dailies
- Execute the Director’s vision and share creative solutions with VFX Leadership
- Experience with Cloud render solutions
- Provide feedback and progress reports to VFX Supervisor, VFX Lead, CG Supervisor, and VFX APM, as needed
What You’ll Need:
- Stop-Motion experience is preferred but not required
- Previous experience leading sequences on a feature film
- Must have previous experience managing a small team
- Required Software Experience: Nuke, Shotgrid, RV
- Familiarity with: Dragonframe, Houdini, Maya, Capture Reality, and Silhouette
Projected end: 4/30/22
Share this listing:
Share this listing: